Joining an eyeson call is easy: Just click on the link you have been sent
To join an eyeson call that you have been invited to, your device needs to have at least a working microphone, and ideally if you would like others to see you, a camera. The camera is not obligatory, though.
The most important step is, after you click on your invitation link, to allow your browser to access your microphone and camera, so you can join the meeting.
See this article if you would like to know which browsers and operating systems we support. From our experience, eyeson works best in the Google Chrome browser.
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to:
Joining with your desktop
1. Open the eyeson meeting link - If you attend a meeting from your desktop, when you click on the link received, it will open a new browser window.
2. Add a name - Guests have the possibility to either fill in their real name, or join with a different one, if they don't want to disclose their identity.
If you are invited with the room link, you will see this view as a guest and can only join when the meeting has already started.
3. Allow access to microphone and camera - The next important step is to allow access to your microphone and camera, in order to be able to enter the video call. On the preview page you can also verify and change your device settings.
View in Google Chrome
View in Mozilla Firefox (in Firefox access needs to be allowed every time you reload the page or change the settings)
View in Safari
4. Join - Click on the Join button to enter the meeting.
Joining with your phone
If you don't have a pc or laptop at hand, don't worry! With eyeson you can simply join from your phone.
1. Open the eyeson meeting link - Click on the link listed in the invitation received to join the meeting, and then select the Chrome or Firefox browser to open the link.
2. Add a name - Now you will have to either enter your name, or choose to keep the randomly generated option, if you don't want to share your real name. Then click on the Join Meeting Now button.
3. Allow access to microphone and camera - Before joining the meeting, you'll be asked to grant access to your camera, microphone and sound. Once you allow permission to these 3 settings, you can move to the next step.
View in Google Chrome (Android) View in Safari (iPhone)
Good to know: If you have a slow internet connection, you can enable the Audio-Only Mode feature to save bandwidth and join without video. You will then not be able to see the videos of the other participants. However, it is possible to switch back to the normal mode at any time you want.
4. Join - Finally, click on the Join button. That's it! You are now part of the video meeting.
Access to features
Here are 4 main differences:
- Guests cannot start a video meeting with eyeson, only enter already active meetings they have been invited to
- Guests cannot lock an active meeting in order to restrict further access
- Guests cannot remove other participants from the meeting
- Guests cannot download a recording (only eyeson users have access to the room history where recordings are saved)
Should you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write us via our Live Chat (during our business hours from 9am-5pm, Austria)!