If others cannot hear you in an eyeson meeting or you cannot hear participants in your call, please follow these instructions to troubleshoot.
Troubleshooting Speaker Issues
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Microphone muted?
Ensure your mic is turned on. If your mic icon looks like the image below, your speaker is turned off. To turn it on, simply click on the icon.
Note: When you are muted and speak, eyeson prompts you to unmute your microphone with a notification (see below). This notification will stay visible until you click the “dismiss” button or unmute yourself.
- Microphone detected?
In case you don't get the notification above, your microphone is not detected by our platform. Therefore, check your device settings and choose the right input/output data as shown below.
If the right microphone is chosen, but still not detected, check if your computer/laptop has activation/deactivation buttons for your devices. Several brands of laptops can have specific functions, so please check if there is a function key for microphone activation on your specific device.
- Volume too low?
Increase the volume on your device. Even if your mic is turned on in eyeson, your device's volume might be set to mute. Some microphones have a mute button on the device. Please also check if you accidently muted your microphone/sound on your computer/laptop. Usually, you will have to press one of the function keys.
- Microphone already in use?
Check if your device is currently used by another application. Sometimes this prevents eyeson from detecting and/or using your device.
- Echo or bad sound quality?
Try using earphones and/or another microphone.
- Quick Test
Finally, you can make a Quick Test and find out the root cause of the technical issues you were facing. Please send your test results directly to our support team. We are happy to help! During an active meeting, the Quick Test can be found in the Device Settings and Help section:
Or you can simply follow the link to test your microphone/speakers and Internet connection: https://app.eyeson.team/quicktest/
You still don't know what the problem is?
Try another browser or an update
Sometimes the browser might be the problem. Try using another browser or update your current browser if you are not using the most recent version. Here you can verify which browsers are supported by eyeson.
Try another device
If nothing else helps solving your problem, try another device. A different webcam or microphone, or the same devices on another computer/laptop might work.
Mobile App Microphone Issues
If you are experiencing issues using your microphone with the eyeson mobile app, follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Ensure you have connected your mobile device's audio. If prompted, allow eyeson to access your microphone.
- Try using earphones with a microphone.
- Ensure eyeson has access to your device's microphone.
- iOS: Go to Settings > Privacy > Microphone and switch on the toggle for eyeson.
- Android: Go to Settings > Apps & notifications > App permissions > Microphone and switch on the toggle for eyeson.
- Ensure that no other applications are using the microphone at the same time.
- iOS: Double-tap the "Home" button to view apps currently running. Swipe up to close an app.
- Android: Tap the multi-task button (the square icon usually in the bottom-right corner) to view apps currently running. Swipe left of right to close an app.
- Reinstall eyeson from the Apple App Store or Google Play
Should you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com!