This article lists the requirements for using eyeson with Windows, macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Android, Chrome OS and Linux.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Latest browser: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth, supported by your browser
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in, USB plug-in, supported by your browser
Supported operating systems
- macOS X with macOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10 (S, Home, Pro)
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- iOS 13 or later (browser based or app)
- Android 6 or later (browser based or app)
- Chrome OS
- Various Linux distributions (Linux on Chrome OS is not supported)
- Windows: Google Chrome 80+, Mozilla Firefox 80+, Microsoft Edge 79+ (chromium based),
- macOS: Apple Safari 13+, Google Chrome 80+, Mozilla Firefox 80+, Microsoft Edge 79+(chromium based),
- Chrome OS: Google Chrome
- Linux: Google Chrome 80+, Mozilla Firefox 80+, Microsoft Edge 79+ (chromium based)
- Android: Google Chrome 80+
- iOS 13+, iPadOS: Apple Safari, eyeson APP. iOS 14.3+ : Chrome and Firefox
- Android 6+: Google Chrome, eyeson APP
Note: We recommend using Google Chrome for your eyeson calls. Internet Explorer is not supported. Some older browser versions may also work, but without guarantee. Please also note that newer browser versions might not be compatible with older versions of OS and might require to update to a newer OS version.
Processor and RAM requirements*
|Processor||Single-core 1Ghz or higher||Dual-core 2Ghz or higher (Intel i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)|
Note:* Processor and RAM requirements are mainly depending on your operating system and your chosen browser.
Bandwidth requirements for meetings:
The bandwidth used by eyeson will be optimized for the best experience based on the participant‘s’ network. It will automatically adjust for 3G, WiFi, or wired environments.
- For 1:1, group video calling or screen sharing:
- 600kbps (up/down) for high-quality video
- 1.2Mbps (up/down) for 720p HD video
- 1.8Mbps (up/down) for 1080p HD video (only used for screen sharing)
- For audio only VoiP connections: 60-80kbps
- For eyeson mobile apps: minimum 60-100kbps
Please find a more detailed information for corporate or VPN networks here.