Our Commitment to Data Privacy and Data Protection
eyeson is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is in effect since May 25, 2018. This regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give European Union (EU) citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
Our customers can trust that eyeson has made GDPR a priority and has devoted significant and strategic resources towards our efforts to comply with GDPR and the Data Protection Act (DPA). This post outlines our approach and progress to date.
NEWS: privacy shield "invalid"
On July 16, 2020, the Court of Justice of the European Union issued a judgment declaring as “invalid” the European Commission’s Decision (EU) 2016/1250 of 12 July 2016 on the adequacy of the protection provided by the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. As a result of that decision, the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is no longer a valid mechanism to comply with EU data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union to the United States. That decision does not relieve participants in the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield of their obligations under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
Important information for our European customers regarding privacy shield in relation with GDPR
eyeson is a pure European company hosting all services in Austria / Europe and also is owned exclusively by Austrian / European shareholders.
eyeson processes your personal data according to the principles of legality, good faith, transparency, accuracy, purpose limitation, data minimization and storage duration limitation.
Below are a few examples of initiatives eyeson has committed to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both eyeson and its customers:
- Committing to follow any additional security and privacy measures required under GDPR.
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, committing to appropriate data transfer mechanisms as required by GDPR.
- Assisting with data processing security and privacy requirements, notifying regulators of personal data breaches, and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring eyeson staff that access and process eyeson customer personal data have been trained in handling that data and are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Holding any vendors that handle personal data to the same data management, security, and privacy practices and standards to which eyeson holds itself.
- Committing to carrying out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
Does eyeson process personal data of its customers?
Which personal data is processed when I use eyeson and where is it processed?
As a provider of global SaaS services, eyeson runs its services with common operational practices and features across multiple jurisdictions. eyeson stores all user data in its data centers located in Austria / EU.
eyeson is a real-time cloud live video service and interconnects clients for audio, video and data communication from all over the world.
This complete description outlines in detail which data we process exactly and describes where it is processed from an eyeson page visitor and registered user perspective shown by different use cases.
How secure is my data?
- All user data and contents are hosted in high-secure European data centers and cloud services, certified for information security management systems and fulfilling the EU GDPR.
- Beside this, optionally different cloud providers can be configured for the execution of eyeson video meetings. Please contact sales to request different cloud hosting providers for your license in locations inside or outside the EU e.g. A1 digital EXOSCALE, Amazon AWS, Azure, Alibaba, Google, Interoute. Please note that independent form which option you choose for the meeting execution itself (which applies only during the live meeting), all data generated during login/registration is always stored in Austrian / European servers. Per default with online self service always the european AWS zone is configured. Please reach out to us first before you start using eyeson if you want to use different cloud locations or providers for your meeting execution.
- Live video meetings enabling video & audio streaming including screencasting and presentations of pdfs and images are located, processed and routed in the cloud server location of the license agreement. Video meetings can be accessed either with a regular eyeson account or via guest link account using an anonymous name. All video meeting cloud resources are initiated and used on the cloud location during the time clients are connected to the video meeting and are shut down as soon as the video meeting ends, which means all users left the video meeting. There is no automatic saving of video or audio data from video meetings. However, it is possible for participants in the video meeting to record or snapshot them and thus save them. All users are responsible for compliance with data protection and copyright regulations. The cloud server location is hosted under the terms and conditions of the cloud server provider.
- For more information regarding Technology, Data Protection, Hosting and Cloud Security, refer to How Secure Is eyeson? help center article.
eyeson is 100% committed to its customers’ success and the protection of customer data, which is why its customers can count on eyeson’s commitment to GDPR compliance.
For more information on this, please visit:
- eyeson Terms of Service
- eyeson complete description of data processing use cases.
If you require further information, please feel free to contact us. We are here to help!