Output OBS as a virtual camera and recognize it as a video source with eyeson
OBS Virtual Camera is a tool that allows you to use your broadcast screen in OBS as a webcam in eyeson. In this article, we explain how to use OBS as a virtual camera with eyeson.
If you haven't already, you must first download and install OBS. Go to www.OBSProject.com and choose your operating system. As mentioned, the plugin you need is OBS Virtual Camera which can be found in the OBS Forums. Kindly note, for the new camera to be recognized by eyeson, you may need to reboot after installing the plugin.
Now that you have the right tools/plugin in place, read this quick guide on enabling virtual backgrounds for your eyeson Rooms:
- In OBS: Go to Tools, then select VirtualCam.
2. You can choose one of the 4 Virtual Cams and then select Start.
3. For your set-up in the video stream: Choose your regular cam, and other things you want to do, like add a background image or video.
4. To change your background in the video you can add a Filter to your Webcam.
5. Now that everything is set-up, start an eyeson video call. If you can't select your virtual cam on the preview page, you can do it in your browser settings.
6. Search for Camera and select Site settings.
7. Now, in the Camera Settings, you can select the Virtual Cam.
8. Lastly, refresh the eyeson preview page. It should be running and working!
Troubleshooting Tip: If the set up does not work, try changing the permission option for eyeson to ASK (default).
Should you have any comments, suggestions or questions, please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org!