eyeson is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is in effect since May 25, 2018. This regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give European Union (EU) citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
Our customers can trust that eyeson has made GDPR a priority and has devoted significant and strategic resources towards our efforts to comply with GDPR and the Data Protection Act (DPA). This post outlines our approach and progress to date.
What eyeson Is Doing
Like many other global software companies, eyeson is in the process of rolling out its GDPR compliance strategy leading up to May 2018 and beyond. eyeson appreciates that its customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of eyeson products and services, and eyeson is committed to helping its customers fulfill their requirements under GDPR and local law. Therefore, eyeson processes your personal data according to the principles of legality, good faith, transparency, accuracy, purpose limitation, data minimization and storage duration limitation
Below are a few examples of initiatives eyeson has committed to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both eyeson and its customers:
- Committing to follow any additional security and privacy measures required under GDPR.
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, committing to appropriate data transfer mechanisms as required by GDPR.
- Assisting with respect to security and privacy of processing, notifying regulators of breaches, and promptly communicating any breaches to customers and users.
- Assisting with data processing security and privacy requirements, notifying regulators of personal data breaches and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring eyeson staff that access and process eyeson customer personal data have been trained in handling that data and are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Holding any vendors that handle personal data to the same data management, security, and privacy practices and standards to which eyeson holds itself.
- Committing to carry out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
Does eyeson process personal data of its customers?
Where does eyeson send my data?
As a provider of global services, eyeson runs its services with common operational practices and features across multiple jurisdictions. By default eyeson stores data in its data centers located in the EU. eyeson may also allow employees and contractors located in the US, Europe and India access to certain data for product development, customer and technical support purposes. eyeson is a real-time cloud live video service and interconnects clients for audio, video and data communication from all over the world.
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in Europe?
How secure is my data?
- All user data and contents are hosted in high-secure European data centers and cloud services, certified for information security management systems and fulfilling the EU GDPR. By default when you use eyeson via accounts, the AWS cloud provider is chosen. eyeson can also provide a special offer with A1 Exoscale cloud provider.
- On request, different cloud hosting providers can be used in locations outside the EU e.g. Amazon, Azure, Alibaba, Google, Interoute.
- Live video meetings enabling video & audio streaming including screencasting and presentations of pdfs and images are located, processed and routed in the cloud server location of the licence agreement. Video meetings can be accessed either with a regular eyeson account or via guest link account using an anonymous name. All video meeting cloud resources are initiated and used on the cloud location during the time clients are connected to the video meeting and are shut down as soon as the video meeting ends, which means all users left the video meeting. There is no automatic saving of video or audio data from video meetings. However, it is possible for participants in the video meeting to record or snapshot them and thus save them. All users are responsible for compliance with data protection and copyright regulations. The cloud server location is hosted under the terms and conditions of the cloud server provider.
- For more information regarding Technology, Data Protection, Hosting and Cloud Security, refer to How Secure Is eyeson? help center article.
eyeson is 100% committed to its customers’ success and the protection of customer data, which is why its customers can count on eyeson’s commitment to GDPR compliance.
We are happy to help! 🙂