eyeson is committed to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is in effect since May 25, 2018. This regulation contains the most significant changes to European data privacy legislation in the last 20 years. It is designed to give European Union (EU) citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law.
Our customers can trust that eyeson has made GDPR a priority and has devoted significant and strategic resources towards our efforts to comply with GDPR. This post outlines our approach and progress to date.
What eyeson Is Doing
Like many other global software companies, eyeson is in the process of rolling out its GDPR compliance strategy leading up to May 2018 and beyond. eyeson appreciates that its customers have requirements under GDPR that are directly impacted by their use of eyeson products and services, and eyeson is committed to helping its customers fulfill their requirements under GDPR and local law.
Below are a few examples of initiatives eyeson has committed to satisfy GDPR requirements that apply to both eyeson and its customers:
- Committing to follow any additional security and privacy measures required under GDPR.
- Where we are transferring data outside of the EU, committing to appropriate data transfer mechanisms as required by GDPR.
- Assisting with respect to security and privacy of processing, notifying regulators of breaches, and promptly communicating any breaches to customers and users.
- Assisting with data processing security and privacy requirements, notifying regulators of personal data breaches and promptly communicating any such breaches to our customers and end-users.
- Ensuring eyeson staff that access and process eyeson customer personal data have been trained in handling that data and are bound to maintain the confidentiality and security of that data.
- Holding any vendors that handle personal data to the same data management, security, and privacy practices and standards to which eyeson holds itself.
- Committing to carry out data impact assessments and consulting with EU regulators where appropriate.
Does eyeson process personal data of its customers?
Where does eyeson send my data?
As a provider of global services, eyeson runs its services with common operational practices and features across multiple jurisdictions. Today, eyeson stores data in its data centers located in the EU. eyeson may also allow employees and contractors located in the US, Europe and India access to certain data for product development, customer and technical support purposes. eyeson is a real-time cloud live video service and interconnects clients for audio, video and data communication from all over the world.
Can you guarantee that my data will stay in Europe?
How secure is my data?
- eyeson is built on rock solid encryption technologies. All connections on our websites, services and apps are SSL/TLS encrypted (transport layer security) or in case of audio/video-streams protected by DTLS/SRTP (secure real-time protocol).
- When the recording feature is activated, the recorded audio/video data and content is highly protected.
- All user data and contents are hosted in high-secure European data centers and cloud services, certified for information security management systems and fulfilling the EU GDPR.
- For live video and audio processing different cloud hosting providers e.g. Amazon, Azure, Alibaba, Google, Interoute can be used also in locations outside the EU.
- Live video meetings enabling video & audio streaming including screencasting and presentations of pdfs and images are located, processed and routed in the cloud server location of the licence agreement. Video meetings can be accessed either with a regular eyeson account or via guest link account using an anonymous name. All video meeting cloud resources are initiated and used on the cloud location during the time clients are connected to the video meeting and are shut down as soon as the video meeting ends, which means all users left the video meeting. The cloud server location is hosted under the terms and conditions of the cloud server provider.
- When you use eyeson with the Facebook and YouTube live streaming features, you need to connect with your own Google or Facebook account in order to keep the transmitted data in your own hands and take care of your privacy on these 3rd party platforms. Use live streaming features to 3rd party platforms responsible and do live streaming only if all participants agree to do so.
eyeson is 100% committed to its customers’ success and the protection of customer data, which is why its customers can count on eyeson’s commitment to GDPR compliance.
We are happy to help! 🙂